Work works if it’s in something we find pleasure in. That’s where we will find empowerment and self-esteem. We don’t resent the labor as much. We feel less controlled, boxed in and manipulated by others. We have more gratitude and optimism.
The realm of biology enthroned on helices of DNA are socialized and demystified some with the tools of our temperament. Our temperament, sometimes called our personality, has built-in guidance we can use to steer our energies biologically, psychologically and socially. Directing our energies strategically both maintains our emotional and behavioral health, but also is a healing force on the way our genes express themselves.
This is one area that insight might improve biological function. Generally, I don’t have much faith in insight if the biology isn’t there to support it or produce results. However, when it comes to the excellent tools outlined by Jungian Typology, we have true assistance.
Mopping a floor with a metal clock on a stick, combing my hair with my shoe, drinking out of a lidded bottle – you get the message. We have design. We have areas of strength and brilliance. We have power.
Self-Care Tip – Do what you were designed to do. Be a friend to yourself.
Questions: Is this a realistic tool in your life? What’s helping you vs. slowing you down from using it as a tool? Can you share an example or more? Please tell us your story.
- My Struggle With Self-Esteem (citesimon.com)
- How can I deal with the low self esteem resulting from having so many zits? (zocdoc.com)
- The Biopsychosocial Model for Where Emotions and Behaviors Come From (friendtoyourself.com)
- Choice and Biology – Where Emotions and Behaviors Come From (friendtoyourself.com)
- What Must I Do To Be Happy? (friendtoyourself.com)