She knew the Horned King‘s secret name.
His name? … I never realized a name could be so powerful?
Yes…. Once you have courage to look upon evil, seeing it for what it is and naming it by its true name, it is powerless against you, and you can destroy it.
Mistakes and the mist of shame thicken about us and it is hard to hope. As if each effort of our intended labor produced Seconds and Flops we must stand in our Besties beside what we have done to get a participant appreciation ribbon tagged onto our lapel.
And somehow standing there, the layer of sweat thick under too many clothes, we remember the secret name, it comes and we whisper. We whisper it; our last courage still enough for that. There is a moment of surprise, as if we and whatever pressed us down didn’t know we might still live.
We can see now that we are not alone; just there, in fact you are there with your own passed over table. I remember you working nights on it, your tired eyes, a happiness in your muscles still. In those days.
We can see that we are special for more than injury; we hear now. We feel concern for more and taste newness that filled the space. The secret name.
We won’t tell you or it wouldn’t be secret any more. But now that we remember we are free. Now that we have the knowing, we will keep the power, thank you.
There is power in a name.
We won’t forget what came after evil and will speak more readily into dark spaces, will wait less and fear less because we have already been there. Going toward the pain like that. What’s the worst that can happen when you name your fear? It takes no more than a whisper to be strong.
Self-care Tip – Speak into your dark spaces the name of your fear. Be a friend to yourself
Question – What reminds you that you are free despite the fears that tell you otherwise? How is freedom your truth in life even when your senses tell you otherwise? Please tell us your story.
- Self-Care Works You, Pushes You, Tires You Out Until You Are Happily Spent On Your Friend – You 2011/04/25
- Tell the Truth About Yourself To Feel Freedom 2011/08/23
- Go Towards Your Pain to Relieve It 2011/03/03
- When Fear Threatened (kathrynspurgeon.wordpress.com)
- the face in the mirror (sevaeunplugged.wordpress.com)
- New Website Game Helps Children Overcome Fear (prweb.com)
- Overcoming Fear: ‘Tomorrow Had Come’ by Jessica Kirkland (KCWC Blog Material: The Enemy of Fear) (onedesertrose.wordpress.com)
- Look your lion in the eye (positivelybranded.wordpress.com)
- Faith or Fear – Which Controls You? (revelationsignofthetimes.wordpress.com)
- Open your hands when you’re scared (peopleskillsblog.wordpress.com)
- Confidence isn’t the Absence of Fear, it’s How You Act in Spite of Fear (penhopechest.com)
- Fear less (christopherspenn.com)
- Hello, Fear. (bridgetteperdue.com)