Self-Care Tip #164 – If you have something good that’s happened to you because of your self-care, tell others about it. Be a friend to yourself.
Have you ever heard of SparkPeople.com? I’ve been a member for a few years and believe they are one of the most supportive networks out there for diet and lifestyle change. Today I received this email from one of their bloggers and thought to share it with you.
Today is my one year anniversary on SparkPeople. I have to admit this is the longest amount of time that I have ever spent focusing on me and my health. A few things I have learned in the past year are:
1. I can lose weight be happy.
2. I can educate myself on a healthy lifestyle.
3. I have learned that when I slip up, refocus, refocus, refocus.
4. I have learned that I like being a runner.
5. I have increased confidence.
6. I like how my clothes fit.
7. I don’t need chips and dips to feel satisfied.
8. Captain Morgan is not my friend.
9. I can inspire people.
10. Having a support system makes the difference.
One year ago I wrote on my SparkPage, I can do this, and I have.
This is only one example, as described by GUITARGAL2, of what self-care has done for her, specifically through diet and lifestyle change. All of our lists are different and powerfully inspirational to others when we share them. It also comes back to each of us, as good things will do. How does it comes back? Well, I can’t try to explain that kind of magic.
Question: What list do you have for the things self-care has given to you? Please tell us.
- Self-Care for Schizophrenia (everydayhealth.com)
- No Matter Why, Where, or What Happens, Self-Care Starts and Ends With Me (friendtoyourself.com)