Self-Care Tip #131 – Start all your efforts and end all your efforts accountably with yourself.
For many of us, we wonder what self-care is. Obviously being subjective, it is something unmeasured and changes between us. It doesn’t interest or make sense to many, depending on their religious biases, culture, temperament and other things. But others of us, for maybe the same reasons, find self-care to be the place from which our axis swings. We have together, here at FriendtoYourself.com, through the past eight-plus months, agreed on much of what self-care is and is not.
It is not selfish-care, alone-care, sacrilegious or Godless-care. It is more than any one thing, for self-care flattens knowledge. It is not weak but rather courageous. It brings us to humble accountability for our lives, not erasing our history but still being free to start over any time. Self-care is living consistent with the belief that the success of our health (emotional, physical, spiritual) begins and ends with Me.
Despite the chorus of boos, we say that we serve God and man better by taking care of ourselves first. We attack guilt, we stand up to shame, we live as we choose despite stigma and we work harder than we ever have on perhaps the hardest job of our lives. This is, Self-care.
Are you still interested?
Question: How do you define self-care? How is it played out in your life story? Please tell us.
- Waiting For Self-Care to Start (friendtoyourself.com)
- Self-Care Is About More Than “Me” (friendtoyourself.com)
- Self-Care Woven and Unravelled Simultaneously for Best Results (friendtoyourself.com)
- Set Your Self-Care Free. It Is Not A Moral Issue. (friendtoyourself.com)
- Choosing Connections – Take The Good and Take Care of Yourself (friendtoyourself.com)
- Take Care of Yourself Better by Knowing What That Means. (friendtoyourself.com)
- Work Hard to Take Care of Yourself If You Want An Easier Time Taking Care Of Others (friendtoyourself.com)
- Self-Care is For Everyone, Regardless of Circumstance (friendtoyourself.com)
- For Our Own Benefit – Share What You Got (friendtoyourself.com)
- Self-Care is Freedom, is Democracy, is Because We Are Accountable (friendtoyourself.com)