You may have noticed the odd news. Stylish Zahara nominated me as a stylish blogger. This is one more example about why technology is a form of self-care, because despite it all, Zahara made me feel great!
It is also another wonderful example of things never being all about “Me.” Probably this is because you readers and commenters are so dang stylish! We should all take a look in the mirror and wink. I just did and it was a thrill. (Do stylish people do that sort of thing? See what I mean?)
The down side of this nomination is the to-do list. I’ve never been good at to-do lists. But, I do want to qualify at one of my only chances to be called
stylishhhhhh stylish. Every cuckoo’s egg hopes to get away with this!
Present seven things about yourself:
- I don’t enjoy hygiene but I do it. (You might want me to stop now.)
- I loved being the only girl in my family growing up. Mom didn’t count because she was Mom. I now know what that is like.
- Edgar Allan Poe was my favorite author in high school. I’ve tried to memorize Annabel Lee several times but settled for just saying I did.
- We used to have fourteen cousins living with us in our house when I was a kid.
- I binge eat. Not always, but enough to scare me …and my pants.
- My dog is not neutered so I can’t take him to doggy-day-care.
- Every day writing this blog surprises me in so many ways. Don’t let my calm and stylish demeanor fool you.
Here comes the fun part of the to-do list. Me jumping up and down over you is the highest form of fashion. Ooo! Ooh! Whoop!!!! Here come my moves. (Loud crashing sounds assault us.)
Name six other bloggers for the award. Contact them and link back to the person, (in this case Zahara the wonderful,) and hope that everyone listed pushes this forward:
1. Joana Johnson in Creating Brains. Nothing like nepotism, (she’s my sister-in-law.) But I have to tell you, I’ve always thought Joana was stylish. I remember my brother describing her the first time he saw her. It was in the ’80’s and she was rocking the hair bows and lace. She was his first and last love and I’ve never questioned why. You can sense it in her writing. She’s got style.
2. The best grammarian I’ve ever known, Sarah McGhaugh in Bird in Your Hand. Sarah brings style to grammar like none other. And she really likes grammer! Only that kind of contagion could influence my well-learned bad habits.
3. XCandyXCane writes well about her fight with mental illness in Moose Lips Sink Ships. She’s eloquent and real. That’s classy.
ThysLeRoux is a marvelous cartoonist and humorist.
Cindy is an artist of life truisms, ah-ha’s and food, wielding all that using only photographs and words – she’s got one of the hugest vocabularies one person ever demonstrated and a great eye for food. It’s a pleasure on many levels to read her work.
6. Kevin Blumer is a living example of what self-care can do for someone who hadn’t been caring for himself. He is open and he’s available to the world around him – style many of us just don’t wear easily.
7. I know, seven is too many but I had to list our honorary blog-jacker, Mr. Rick C.
Now you guys do your thing! Push it forward. There are sooooo many other lovelies out there with serious style that should be on this too short list. ….You lovelies know who you are! Take care of yourselves.
- What Was Missing Was You (friendtoyourself.com)
- Evidently I Ooze Style….. (courtneyoutloud.wordpress.com)
- Strike a prose! (bighappynothing.wordpress.com)
- Stylish Blogger Award (momblognetwork.com)
- Kleenex Mums launches ‘Greatest Posts’ blog initiative (kleenexmums.com.au)