He still has some lingering vestigial baby-smell that sets the pheromones into motion. I turn soft and doughy sniffing his hairline and would claw out any threat; as if there would be one within our stuccoed walls in jungled suburbia. But just in case, I am primed. Grrrr.
This moment that comes in one lungful of air sets off the sixth sense, like chimes in the wind, into a little pretty song of contrasting emotions – something warm and nice against fear and aggression. Lovely. Complex and simple. I breath in and taste what is in the air again more slowly. I let it come together so I can pull it apart. I am in awe.
What creatures we are.
Big breath everyone. What contrasts come together for you? Is the experience of letting yourself watch them coalesce and then dehis add any sense of presence to your moment?
Self-Care Tip – Let things come together and fall apart to experience them more fully – presence.
- Intuition & Ego: “Intuition is the ability to acquire knowledge without inference or the use of reason.” (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Musings on Empathy (psychologytoday.com)
- Nurturing the Senses (joyofspa.com)
- Sensuality and Comfort (joyofspa.com)
- Even when Evie needs a bath (skillzmcfly.tumblr.com)
- Presence (tomaplomb.blogspot.com)