Wouldn’t you know it! She spends all her best of self at work.
Do not be misled by her personal life. She does well at work. When she wants to increase her network, she goes to more community mixers. Before she falls behind on what is new in her market, she reads, she studies, she goes to conferences, and more. She is curious, asks why and explores where her thoughts take her. She is productive and independent.
That is Katalyn at work. It is what it is for Katalyn.
This is the same girl that asks, “Why am I alone?”
Katalyn, you, Me, we in our culture are ashamed of others seeing us strategically build up what we term, “personal” but not “professional.” It is what it is, but we have freedom to choose.
Is a personal network any less valuable if it came by deliberate effort, rather than a fairy godmother? How bout study? We are ashamed to go to a 12-step group but not the chamber of conference. It is what it is.
Self-Care Tip: Put as much creative energy and hard work into your personal life as you want.
Question: When you reflect on it, do you believe personal connections should “just happen” as if by magic? How so? What successes do you have from hard work? Please tell us your story.
- Never Be Ashamed to Take a Selfie (undreamedart.wordpress.com)
- I am ashamed (iambroken07.wordpress.com)
- Absolutes, Definitions and Limitations (thecreativitycampus.com)
- Guest Post from Dr. Eric Maisel (myblueisblue.wordpress.com)
- Writing Question: Are you thankful for your creativity? (gointothestory.blcklst.com)
- why humour makes you more creative. (melfunktion.wordpress.com)