Guest Post by Richard, who was kind enough to send me his recap on last night’s Self-Care Workshop:
- We are not special by our pain, we are special by who we are.
- I use what I have (am).
- The natural laws stay constant. There are small differences between each person. The divisions are flat.
- Benefit of medical evaluation first to rule out physical causes, then look at outside of medical.
- We inflict the pain not the biology.
- We are in the present, trying to reach goals that will never be completely reached.
- The agenda within, (such as your job.)
- Unwrap and fight for your freedom, illustrated by our national history.
- Stigma is biological.
- Guilt is not always a choice.
- Relinquish opinions of others. Cannot change how others consider or view us as related to those who knew who we were at a different point in “our story.” …I guess stigma is in the eye of the beholder?
- The initiation of self-care is a difficult first step.
Question: how do you get loved ones to take the first step or do you?
- Our Conscious Self is Our Board and Paddle at Sea (friendtoyourself.com)